• Design Missoula is an energetic, creative, focused and professional organization. Their work is seconded to none. I have been fortunate enough to work with their team on several projects and found the experience to be productive, rewarding and fun… of course they didn’t forget about having fun! We are extremely lucky have such talent here in Missoula.
In particular, I’ve worked directly with Sara Kauk many times over the years. She is a true “GEM”, always ready with a smile to partner-up to get things done. She will take the time to listen, understand your needs, embrace your vision and submit ideas with the relevance and creativity you would expect from a true professional. Sara and the team at Design Missoula have my highest recommendation.
Gerry Demple / Vice President, Operations
• I first learned about Design Missoula and Sara Kauk when she approached us to be a part of an extremely successful promotion. The day we posted their promotional poster in our front door way, we noticed how many people who stopped to read it. Not only did they stop, they came in the door to ask who created it!
I am a small business owner and manager of a retail skin care store and med spa. This year we decided to really start to re-brand ourselves. We remodeled our facility and knew that we also needed to create a better online experience. Of course, the first person that came to mind was the person who made people stop in their tracks; Sara Kauk. Our experience with Sara has been more than we could have dreamed up. After interviewing several web/logo designers, it was obvious that Sara was the perfect fit for us. She came prepared to our meetings, already knowing more about our business than we could have explained to her in our first meeting. She took time to listen and presented us with the most amazing package that she felt would get us to our goals. While designing our logo, she gently steered us in the direction she felt would be the most beneficial for our business. I know skin care and makeup, not logo design, so her experience was valued and proved to be right.
I am now proud to hand out my business card (logo and card designed by Sara). I have had several people ask me who designed them and have since used her to design their cards. I never hesitate to send colleagues to her, knowing they will be fully taken care of and be more than pleased with the results she delivers.
We are just about to launch our website and she got it right on the first try! After working together for a few months and on several projects, she knew exactly what we wanted and needed out of a website; not only the functionality, but the esthetic design which is extremely important in our industry.
Sara Kauk is talented, professional and creative. I couldn’t imagine a better experience through all of this and we will continue to refer and used DesignMissoula for all of our branding and website needs.
Skin Chic Co-Owner/Manager
• DesignMissoula, namely Sara Kauk, is the genius responsible for not only our logo AND our website, but all of our marketing materials at Donation Warehouse. From building us a customer website, to making business cards, posters, rack cards and even donation receipts…. Sara has been able to provide us with quality work and a cohesive image in everything we do! I can’t say enough good things about DesignMissoula. I have always felt like Sara’s work is extremely affordable and of the highest quality. She is extremely easy to work with and is great about incorporating my ideas and goals into every project. I will never use anyone else! (For another great example of Sara’s work, check out Bombshell Salon in Missoula!)
- Laci Rathbun – Donation Warehouse
• DesignMissoula, LLC has elevated my business with their amazing website, logo and marketing design materials. I have a vision for my business and my events and each time I use DesignMissoula, LLC I am blown away by the caliber of their work. I have a real kinship with Sara Kauk because not only is she business minded but community minded and I share her values and appreciate all the things she does for small businesses and non-profits alike. Thank you Sara!
- Thea Delamater – http://www.thearaed.com
• Thank you, Sara for taking my vague concepts for our 50th anniversary and turning them into more than I could’ve hoped for. You captured the sentimental feel of the event with contemporary colors and retro graphics–I absolutely love it! Thanks for coordinating our staff uniforms, banners, water bottles, and posters–everything I needed. You are efficient, talented, reliable, creative, flexible and most importantly easy to work with. I would (and already have) recommended you to my friends and colleagues. I look forward to working with you on our next project.
- St. Regis Gift Shop, Muffy Bullock, owner -
• Sara Kauk and her design team at DesignMissoula have provided my businesses, REcreate designs and the Missoula MADE fair with design and website services for the past couple of years. Their attention to detail and meeting and exceeding all my expectations is why I strongly recommend them to anyone needing web, print, or other design services.
We hired DesignMissoula to develop an ecommerce site that would be easy to update and be managed internally with occasional assistance. We provided some samples of websites we liked, simple mock-ups for the look and feel, as well as a site map. We were then provided with a beautiful site that visitors could navigate with ease and was visually inspiring. Over the past year we have continued to work with them to create a basic wordpress based website for the Missoula MADE fair, a local alternative arts & crafts market. They have been very helpful in resolving any issues that have come up in a very timely manner.
DesignMissoula is an amazing little design firm that is involved in the community, gives back, and has strong working relationships with all of their clients. They support and are dedicated to the local businesses and nonprofits that have hired them and make every effort to go above and beyond what is necessary. They are good people, easy to work with, and good at what they do.
I have known and worked with Sara Kauk for over five years beginning when we were both graphic designers at Vann’s. We did catalog, print, logo development, and website maintenance. She is knowledgeable about what is possible and will research to find the answer and solution to whatever problem you would like solved.
It is for these reasons that I offer high recommendations for DesignMissoula without reservation.
• At the core, Sara has the ability to deliver excellence in design. She achieves this with the perfect collection of skills: Technical skills with the industry leading tools, smart, excellent project management, business understanding and a passion for everything she pursues. What struck me the most is her ability to discern what needs to be done. This is a critical attribute for a designer. Her ability to dig in, understand and deliver exactly what was needed was always consistent. Another attribute of Sara is she is a leader. She has excellent management capabilities, but also was a positive influence on all her co-workers. Well liked (loved) by anyone you ask in the organization. Sara also held a rare trait, she was empowered by accountability – she always wanted to make sure, or know, that what she was doing was making a difference.
Sara will deliver and create meaningful design that goes deeper than the design itself. It will matter. Sara is easily inspired, impassioned, smart and analytical. She has an insatiable desire to learn. I would recommend Sara’s service to everyone. She won’t just deliver what you want, she will deliver what you didn’t know you wanted, better.
- Tim Christensen – Director of Technology & Media at Vann’s, Inc. -
Director of Technology at Vanns Inc
Software Engineer at Vanns Inc -
• Sara has done design and website work for my business, Tarkio Equestrian Center, LLC and has done an outstanding job. She is very reliable and quick to get the job done. On the first project that I gave her, I was under a deadline to get advertising done for our Grand Opening and she was very helpful in giving great ideas and getting the materials done that I needed. I would recommend her to anyone!
• Mountain Copper Creations new web site and rack cards were designed by DesignMissoula, LLC. We could not be happier with the results! Sara is
awesome to works with. She takes the time to understand your business and has the knowledge to convert that information into a unique web site or advertising design for your business. We are looking forward to working with Sara again in the very near future!
Pam and Jim.. Mountain Copper Creations
• DOVES hired Sara Kauk (DesignMissoula) to design some brochures for us and to completely update our website. She is pure pleasure to work with – she is a true team player, gets everything to us when she says she will, and is great at troubleshooting if ever there is even the slightest problem. She is an incredible designer, and has a unique way of presenting material that brings the readers in, and makes them look twice. We have gotten many compliments on our marketing materials, which is wonderful, but even more, we now have a supporter and friend who will work with us on any task we ask of her – from the smallest detail to a major project. Her prices are reasonable, her work ethic is of the highest caliber, and I could not recommend her more strongly – but only if you are looking for something distinctive and want to work with someone who is wonderful!
- Jenifer Blumberg, Executive Director, DOVES of Lake County and the Flathead Reservation -
• Sara is an exemplary volunteer and marketing manager at the Zootown Arts Community Center in Missoula, Montana (ZACC). As a long-standing member of the ZACC team and volunteer family, Sara helped found the center in 2008. She has always seen the bigger picture and helps where needed. She is thoughtful, reflective, and creative. She is kind, inventive, and entrepreneurial towards her efforts helping with ZACC projects. Sara Kauk is one of those people you hope to hire and retain for as long as you can because she has the natural skills to execute whatever is placed in front of her. She will be an asset to any business or position for which she applies. Please call the center and speak with any staff member or myself to hear more about Sara Kauk and her involvement with the community art center in Missoula.
- Hanna Hannan Executive Director Educational Programming at ZACC -
• Sara has worked with my organization to develop our logo and several other promotional materials. She was skillfully able to take our vision and create these materials, when it was difficult to articulate what we wanted ourselves. She has been able to complete projects on time, sometimes with quick deadlines, always with the most friendly and enthusiastic attitude. I feel comfortable communicating with Sara, asking her questions and cooperatively working with her to produce a product we are both proud of. In short, I’ve put my organization in her hands and feel she has done an outstanding job.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or would like to discuss Sara’s qualifications further.
• DesignMissoula, LLC developed business cards and a website for my personal consulting business. The work was incredibly creative, modern, and professional. DesignMissoula, LLC combined my personal style and professional objectives with their artistic expertise to create materials that effectively market my business and have significantly improved my professional visibilty. I highly recommend DesignMissoula for all professional and personal marketing needs.
- Shawna McNally of North Attleboro, MA -